4.10.2012

Christmas in Caldwell

This is going to be one looooong post.  Dec 1st-25th.

I had this great idea to make homemade wrapping paper out of a roll of brown paper and Harper's painted handprints.  It took as much time to get it prepped and Harper-mess-proof as it did to actually paint.  But you can see Harper quite enjoyed herself.



Then we celebrated Dad's birthday.  The big 2-8!  (Someone...not me...not Harper...just couldn't wait to have a few bites.)

(Maybe the video will work?  It sure won't go to the center...)

We also ventured into the forest on the hunt for our own Christmas tree.  I {wisely} decided to take pictures on the way in.  Everyone was happy, Huck was obeying, the sun was shining...it was perfect!  Turns out it was the wisest decision of the day because on the way back Harper was screaming and squirming in my arms, Huck wouldn't listen to anyone, Chase was perhaps saying choice words, all while hauling back the tree.  But WHAT FUN we had!


 Harper couldn't have been happier!



 Beginning of the meltdown

 Happy once more

 Here is THE tree...should have taken a picture at night.  Oh well!

 Her favorite spot for the next 24 days.

 Enjoying a little Christmas treat.

Then we were off to Caldwell, ID for Christmas with the Flys.  It was great to be together and we had so much fun!  Harper seemed to finally understand unwrapping presents.


 I made both grandmas a "Grandma's Helping Hands" apron with each of their grandkids' handprints on them.  They turned out pretty cute.



Below you will see several attempts at the perfect family photo.  None of them quite reached perfection, but we still love each other.





Harper in her new snow outfit....now we just needed the snow!

3 comments:

kylie said...

oh my gosh that video... melts my heart. this makes me so excited to have babies.

Kara said...

Um, excuse me, looks like you were in our neck of the woods way back in December and you didn't even stop in! No worries, I promise, the next time we venture in to Twin Falls I will be calling you...we were way too bored on our own!

Megan Hollenback said...

hahaha SO CUTE! the video didn't work for me tho :(