12.12.2012

Halloween

Halloween was fun this year!  This is really the first year Harper has really understood holidays, and everything really is more fun with kids.

 Best thing I bought for Halloween?  A "Mr. Pumpkin Head" set last year in a Halloween clearance bin.  Literally entertained her for hours.  I would recommend it for anyone who has toddlers.  I'm on the hunt for something similar for every. single. holiday.


 We carved pumpkins for FHE.  I thought Harper would love making a mess, but she is my child after all, and she would not reach her hands in to pull out the seeds.  She finally picked one seed off the top edge of her pumpkin and said, "There, Mom.  I cleaned up my seeds."  I have trained her well.
 She wanted Daddy to carve her a mad pumpkin.

 So here is the mad mouth...and her mad face.



 Chase's pumpkin on the top left...zipper mouth.  Mine on the top right...a face, but also a nautical scene.  Can you see it?  Harper's mad-turned-sad pumpkin on the bottom left.  And Aspen's crazy-face pumpkin on the bottom right.

Harper helped decorate the door with some sticky things that she was obsessed with.


On Halloween Aspen had her 2 month check up.  So she caught a few ZZZZs before getting her shots.

That night we had our ward's trunk-or-treat.  It was a hit and I loved doing that over hauling Harper all over the neighborhood in the dark.  We'll see how long she'll let us just take her to this as her trick-or-treating.
My mom made her the cutest fairy costume (or fairy princess, as Harper called it.)  She loved it and still wears it for dress up.




Aspen was a cute little leopard...and she slept the whole party all bundled up on my lap as I handed out candy.  It was perfect!

2 comments:

kylie said...

cutest fam i ever did see. gosh i cant handle it haha. cutest costumes! and i totally agree - holidays will be WAY better with little ones!

Unknown said...

CUTE! what a good mama you are, seriously. dont judge me too much when i become one ;)