12.11.2012

August

The events of August...

I got larger...and larger...

We ventured to the Jerome County Fair one week before the baby was born, and it was HOT!

Baby sister, Karli had her baby boy...

...Madden!  (He and Aspen are 10 days apart.)


 On August 17th 2012, Aspen Zelie Fly joined our family.  
She has quite a short birth story.  I had a doc appointment Friday morning (August 17th) and after some convincing, the doctor set up an induction for the next morning, even though I REALLY wanted to do it that day.  Let's just say I was progressing and I didn't want to wait!  But I was fine with the next morning...that gave me the day to get final things done, packed, etc.  So I came home and got to work packing for me, the baby, Harper, cleaning up, folding laundry, making dinner, etc. when about 6:15 I was on the phone with my sister, Brittany and my water broke!  I NEVER thought that would happen to me naturally.  So I hurried and called Chase (who was finishing things at work in anticipation of the induction the next day) and told him to HURRY home.  He was home and we were out the door within 15 minutes.  At the hospital by 7:00 pm and Aspen was born at 8:55 pm.  Yes.  Quick.  Almost too quick.  I barely had time for pain meds.  In fact, not enough time for an epidural, so I had a intrathecal, which I had never heard of until I wanted it.  :)  Once it kicked in I was good (before that I was in a lot of pain, obviously, and was feeling quite irritable.)  But 2 1/2 hours of labor, start to finish, and 5 pushes isn't bad!  I'll take that kind of labor next time!

First photo with the new babe, moments after she was born.
Everyone was healthy and feeling good.

Harper came to visit and especially appreciated the moving bed and yummy icecream.  She looked at Aspen for a minute, held her for about 5 seconds and then wanted to play with her grandmas and explore the hospital room.  :)

New family of 4

We came home to a lot of visitors, which was fun.


Harper could be found reading instead of napping...


 ...or enjoying a nice slice of watermelon.




 Here are Aspen and Madden (Mom and Karli came to visit the day after I had Aspen.  Here Aspen is 2 days old and Madden is 12 days old.  I think they'll be best buds!)

 The 3 grandchildren on the Williams side

 Happy to be home together!  Chase's work gave him a whole week of to be with us after Aspen was born.  It was SO nice to have him home!  He got all kinds of projects done and Harper loved playing with her daddy all day!

 First bath


Snuggle time

 Harper was great at being more independent when I was busy with Aspen, as seen here.  Backwards jammies?  Who cares?!

We had a busy and fun-filled August!  SO glad Aspen came to us so easily and quickly...and a little early, as desired by her mama.

2 comments:

kylie said...

zelie? i had no idea! how did i not know this! very cool!

Unknown said...

love her middle name. gosh i think im finally caught up on your blog! its hard to know when you post cause you dont have bloglovin and you cant be on my google reader since youre private. urn!