5.18.2010

Home

I have had requests for pictures of our house. We are renting a cute, old house in the east end of Boise. If you know anything about Boise, the east end has a reputation. Granola. Priuses. Bicycles. Recycling. Organic. Peace Love & Harmony. So we fit in well...with our old Honda Civic, loud motorcycle, huge army green Chevy blazer and our non-organic food. But we really love it. So here are a few pictures. We've also just planted a garden(everyone PLEASE pray something grows) but it's too early to take pictures because things are still tiny. (And it's raining outside and I have a sleeping baby on my chest so I really don't want to go take pictures.) But if things start to grow I'll share photos then. These photos were taken a couple months ago, so things look better now, but you get the idea.

Front
(What you can't see is that behind that carport is a detached garage that is probably as big as the house. A TON of storage.)

Deck and backyard
That strip on the left (kind of hard to see) is where our garden is planted. And you can see that we've planted some things in pots on the deck. That's what happens when you get plant-happy in a nursery.

From the back fence looking at the house
(Detached garage on your left)

Bathroom

View #1 of Harper's room

View #2 of Harper's room
Please notice the painting Brenda (Chase's mom) did for her. LOVE IT! It matches perfectly.

Living room view #1-from the front door.
The space behind this couch will be a craft area as soon as I get a desk to put against the wall under that big 4-panel wall hanging.

Living room view #2.
I now have lovely curtains to hang on the big window. Now I just need to iron them and hang them up. I will....soon.

Kitchen

Laundry room.
(LOVE having a laundry room!)

Our bedroom.
With a cute baby.
And yes, it is bare. It will forever be the last room we decorate. But I do want to do a cute headboard of some kind. Suggestions??

And would it be a blog post without a picture of the Harpo? I don't think so. This is her new favorite toy--her exersaucer. She can't totally sit up in it yet, but she's content with leaning. And it beats lying down...she's SO over lying down! That's for babies.

10 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

What a cute house. I'm so jealous...especially the laundry room. Well especially just the living in a house by yourselves :). Super cute. And of course Harper is adorable...Liam can't wait to meet her either.

kylie said...

oh my goodness i'm loving it! that house is BEAUTIFUL! what makes it even better is the granola living atmosphere! i want to live there ;) hahaha i laughed so hard at your explanation at how you fit in perfectly with your big motorcycle and jeep haha. so funny. p.s. i think your blog post looks fine--the font thing looks cute to me! and harpo is precious. and that painting my mom did is AMAZING! i want one too! annnnnd i love the house...seirously...picnics in the back yard in the sunny summer...oh the life. wish i could visit.

Cassie said...

very cute and homey! great job decorating. It looks like a nice place! You might want to wait even longer for that craft area behind the couch however, because once Harper is crawling or can walk your decorations will all change!

Brittany said...

Aw, I love it! Can't wait to visit and see it in person. For your headboard, a cute hanging headboard like mom did in her room would look really cute, I think.

Love and miss you! Kiss that adorable baby for me!

Megan Hollenback said...

oh my gosh i love love love your house! i cant wait to visit again it looks so fun! and i love that canvas mom painted for harper its beautiful i want one. my mama has made lots of headboards in her day im sure she can give you good suggestions! and theres a blog, makeitandloveit that you can check out with lots of cute craft ideas. love you meg, miss you!

mckenna said...

Such a cute little house! I want one! :) And that picture you MIL painting is gorgeous!! I want one of those too! And one of that cute baby at the end there. One of everything please!!

mckenna said...

Oh! And IYou could make a super cute/awesome headboard out of a door like I did!! Seriously. It's easy and it's awesome. Because I did it first. ;)

Kara said...

Oh, do I have headboard ideas for you my dear, just go to this blog http://kari-youcanmakeit.blogspot.com.
She finds all the greatest ideas on everyone's blogs and I've seen tons of ideas for headboards, just think doors, shutters, fabric, etc. I'm jealous of your real house and jealous if Harper's feet touch the bottom of the exersaucer, Bex may turn out to be a little person.

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mckenna said...

P.S. Love the family photo on your header. You're lookin hot post baby!! (not that you weren't pre baby. Just sayin!)