2.12.2009

Provence

Well, here it is...the beautiful Provence! Chase and I absolutely LOVED Provence. I could so easily move there....and probably never come back. I can only imagine what it must be like when it's warm. Just the beautiful, warm sun and the rolling hills and small villages. I loved it. We stayed with Chase's great-aunt and uncle and they were incredibly hospitable. It was so fun to get to know them and they took us to see so many beautiful places.
At the Mediterranean Sea

Having drinks at a sea port

Gotta love the sea

This was just so typically French to me, and I loved it. We were walking around this castle (seen in the background) and the sun was shining, but only in certain spots. These 3 old men were just sunbathing in front of the castle...and I just thought it was so cute.

Old French wall

Old French alley and buildings

There's an artist in this little village that paints the sides of buildings really beautifully. This is a retirement home and he painted all those balconies and shutters and everything. It looked so real, it was amazing!

In front of Christain & Jacqueline's village--Monfort-sur-Argens. It was such a quaint village in the rolling hills, covered in vineyards.

In front of an ancient water fountain, where the villagers used to come to gather water and water their animals. It's pretty old.

A lakeside village--Lac Sainte-Croix


In the background you can see Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, a village tucked up in the mountainside. It was full of windy streets and little shops. We bought a traditional vase there to add to our collection.

Chase and I at the base of--Le Grand Canyon de Verdon--"The Grand Canyon of France"

Chase with Jacqueline and Christian

Cool "houses" built in the cliffside.

An outdoor market where you can buy anything from cheese to fruit to tablecloths to jewelry. I loved it and would LOVE to go shopping there all the time, which is strange because I don't love to shop. But there's just something about buying things fresh and from the source and outside in the sunshine.
I LOVE FRANCE!

1 comment:

kylie said...

Okay...I am so loving these photos. I had a feeling that building was painted on, HOW COOL! Such amazing and beautiful photos, Meg and Chase. You capture France so well, I feel like I should dine on some baguettes and balsamic and sip some wine. Care to join?