2.10.2009

Chamonix

I'm warning you...there are a lot of pictures in this post. But it's because we absolutely LOVED Chamonix....it was so beautiful and magical. Even now, as I was uploading photos to this blog, I said to Chase, "Chamonix was so gorgeous" and he agreed. Anyway, here are our adventures of the French Alps.
Us at the Mer de Glace--the glacier that slices through the Alps. It is about 13 miles long and incredible to see. In this picture you can see the gap between the glassy glacier and the snow. Very cool.

Inside the glacier

Up above the glacier

We rode up a gondola to the top of the Alps to experience a wonderful view of Mont Blanc and the other mountain peaks. Here are just a view photos of the incredible vistas. Isn't is beautiful??
Here you can see the glacier from above and snow covered
A snow tunnel

High? Yes, I think so. It was so freakin cold up there. If you took your hands out of your pockets for more than 5 seconds you could immediately feel them freezing and becoming numb.

Chase & Mont Blanc...the highest mountain peak in Europe.



The day Chase went skiing I spent my time walking around the little town and reading...what a glorious day. I sat in the lobby area of our hotel and read and this was the view I had. I actually think I spent just as much time staring at the mountains as I did reading. I don't think life gets much better than that.

The charming town of Chamonix by day

...and by night.

Out in front of our hotel the night we arrived
We loved Chamonix and would love to go back someday!

4 comments:

Spencer said...

oh dude! ky and i are sitting here staring at these pics being so jealous! we want to go so bad. it looks so amazing and beautiful. can we go please? you guys took AMAZING pics. Great job! We love you.

mckenna said...

Amazing!! Stunning!! Breath taking!! And those were just the photos! I'm sure it was a million times better in person!!

kylie said...

i would like to crawl around in a beautifully blue glacier with you. i'd feel so cool, if ya know what i mean.

Bryn and Blaine said...

This looks like fun. I think sitting in the lobby reading a good book is where I would be too. What an experience.