9.29.2011

Surgery

So I just found 3 "drafts" in my Blogger account.  Apparently I was on top of things once upon a time and uploaded photos for posts and then didn't post them.  Oops!  So now I'm going to do some catch-up.

In June I went under the knife.  I had a hernia that needed repair before anything else could...ahem...inhabit my womb.  So we took care of it.  Unfortunately I couldn't lift anything over 7 pounds for a week (think: a gallon of milk), or over 20 pounds for a month (think: Harper).  So I spend the first week with Chase's mom in Caldwell.  She took care of Harper and me like we were princesses!  The next 2 1/2 weeks my mom came from California to stay with us.  What a great time that was!  Lots of bonding...and I didn't do a single load of laundry or wash the floors once.  Mom, why did you ever leave??  We did a lot of fun things rested and recovered while she was here.

"Recovering" at Shoshone Falls

Harper found the bag of marshmallows.

You should have heard her:  "Uh-oh..."
Guilty

Lots of fun outside on the swing...

...and at storytime.



LOVE that she's a reader.  She's practically reading chapter books by now.


Where are her pants?  Where is her mother?




Grammy is the BEST!


We love her




Harper had the iPad figured out in about, oh, 7 minutes.




Yes, Harper, we were sad to see her go.  But so grateful for her help!

We made ourselves feel better by gorging ourselves with parmesan goldfish.  Ultimate comfort food.

**I must also give proper love and thanks to Mama Fly.  Couldn't have recovered without you!  I just was in too much of a drug stupor to take any photos while we were there.  But THANK YOU!  We love you and are so grateful you took care of the both of us.**

2 comments:

kylie said...

glad you healed! yipee!! and marshmallows off the bathroom floor. icky haha.

Megan Hollenback said...

IT was so funny when u were on drugs haha. Glad u r better! It was fun visiting u. These pics as always r precious :)